28 Times Cinema
Are you a film lover?
Do you enjoy sharing your movie passion with others?
Did you always dream to go to a major film festival?
THIS CALL IS FOR YOU!
28 TIMES CINEMA* enables 28 young European filmgoers (one participant per member state of the European Union) to participate at the 2016 Venice Film Festival as jury members for the Venice Day’s selection and as ambassadors of their cinemas.
Who can participate?
- Film lovers aged between 18 and 25;
- With excellent English skills (reading, written and spoken);
- Good ability to write articles and blogs.
How to participate?
Send the application form filled in English to QFT Belfast before the 5th May to QFT Learning, Marion Campbell by email to email@example.com
The selected participants will benefit from flight tickets and accommodation. They will also be granted with a festival accreditation giving priority access to screenings of the Venice Days. They should commit to:
- Be present in Venice before the festival from Monday 29th of August to Sunday 11th September;
- Be a Jury Member for the films competing for the Venice Days selection;
- Watch all the films presented at the Venice Days and at the LUX Prize 2016 Competition;
- Taking part in the round tables, discussions and debates with filmmakers and other guests;
- Contribute to a blog, which will be specifically developed for this event and to the media partners websites;
- Write a daily postcard for Europa Cinemas’ social networks.
- Be an active ambassador for the Lux Film Prize during the events organised after Venice in his or her own country.
*Co-organised by the European Parliament, the LUX Prize, the Venice Days and Europa Cinemas, 28 Times Cinema aims to promote shared values and cultural diversity through cinema among young people.
For further information about this initiative please visit the Lux Prize website
YOUTH FILM CLUB
Throughout the year the QFT youth panel participate in film workshops and masterclasses and outings and are given many opportunities to develop skills and explore other pathways available to them in the creative industry.
By taking part in all aspects of programming a youth curated festival Takeover Film Festival participants can receive a vocational qualification in The Principles of Creative and Cultural Practice with BIIAB. Open to ages 15 to 20.
Go to www.takeoverfilm.com for more details and to apply to join online.